Friday 25 January 2013

More Pork Belly!

We went on our annual Winterlicious visit to Pangaea and was surprised to see Pork Belly on the lunch menu.  How could I resist!  I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't try pork belly made at Pangaea at Winterlicious prices! 

It turned out to be an excellent choice - superbly done with just the right amount of melt-in-your-mouth fat, and the meat tender.  I don't recall trying pork belly done this way - it must have been braised, then sliced, then seared on both sides to reduce the fat and make it crisp.  It was done to perfection.  The grilled quail appetizer was just right too but clearly overshadowed by the pork belly.  (sigh!)

What I love about Pangaea - it's always consistent and never disappoints!



Pork belly with rapini, wild mushrooms, onions and sweet potatoes - great combination



The quail sitting on a bed of crispy potato salad and wild mushrooms


Pecan tart - the best!
Flourless chocolate cake - I swear I could taste the liquor in it!

Cinnamon Panna Cotta - ginger molasses cake





No comments:

Post a Comment